DOE Increases Financial Support for Smart Grid
On May 19th, the DOE upped its financial support for the smart grid, increasing the maximum amount available from the stimulus package: "The maximum award available under the Smart Grid Investment Grant Program will be increased from $20 million to $200 million and for the Smart Grid Demonstration Projects from $40 million to $100 million."
Energy Consulting Group wants to help you take advantage of grant opportunities. The grant process can be time consuming and there are strict administrative requirements attached to most grant funds. While this can be challenging, ECG has decades of experience with government compliance and developing energy programs.
Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 has established an energy efficiency and conservation block grant program
to promote projects that will spur economic growth through energy efficiency and renewable programs.
The grant fund's flexibility is leading to innovative and customized projects being developed in communities across the country.
ECG can help your city or county understand the grant process and help you design and achieve a successful energy program.
Cities across the country are using this grant money to do everything from creating a long-term energy efficiency strategy
to upgrading government buildings with the latest energy efficient and renewable technologies.
ECG can help with a variety of projects, suggested areas include:
- Developing a long-term energy efficiency and conservation strategy (EECS)
- Implementing and tracking progress of an established EECS
- Creating and monitoring programs to improve EE in local buildings and facilities
- Helping establish and publicize financial incentive programs for citizens to conserve
- Developing public education programs to increase participation and knowledge in EE and renewables (For example: recycling or solar panels)
- Upgrading government buildings with renewable and energy efficient materials
- Lowering long term energy costs by replacing traffic signals and street lighting with energy efficient technology